Why learn WordPress for beginners
Learning the basics of WordPress (WP), one of the most popular website builders these days, can be beneficial for many reasons. WordPress is known for its user-friendly interface, making it accessible even for beginners without extensive technical knowledge, allowing you to create different types of websites, from personal blogs to business sites.
The active and supportive WordPress community is another advantage. With numerous forums and tutorials available, you can easily find assistance and resources whenever you need help. WordPress is cost-effective, it is an open-source platform, meaning it's free to use and modify.
You can save money on website development, as you won't necessarily need to hire professionals for every task.
WordPress is a powerful content management system (CMS), making it easy to organize and manage your web content efficiently. Its SEO-friendly nature is also noteworthy, providing tools and plugins to optimize your site for search engines and improve its discoverability online.
The availability of themes and plugins is another reason to learn WordPress basics. You can customize the look and functionality of your site without requiring advanced coding skills. Understanding WP can open up various career opportunities in website development, content creation, and digital marketing.
Who should sign up?
If you're looking to start an online business or monetize your content, knowing WordPress basics offers a level of control over website creation and management. This reduces the need for external developers and enables you to handle routine tasks like updates and maintenance, ensuring the security and functionality of their websites.
This online training is good for:
- Business, entrepreneurs, and website owners
- Digital marketers or marketing teams
- Content makers and influencers
- Freelancers and/or career shifters
- Amateur web developers/designers
What you will gain and get:
- Essential SEO foundations, practical tips, and proven techniques
- Mastery of tools and digital marketing platforms for optimizing websites
- Recordings of all training sessions
- Certificate (soft copy)
Advance and need technical WordPress training?
If you are already proficient with the platform and need more advance, technical topics such as WordPress sub-theming, security, advance technical onpage SEO, troubleshooting, migration, etc., you can sign up instead to our WordPress Advance Technical Course.
Training Course Outline for Basic WordPress
This outline provides a foundational understanding of WordPress, guiding WordPress amateurs through the process of setting up, customizing, and managing a basic website. Each module can be further expanded based on the pace of the training and the specific needs of the participants.
Module 1: Introduction to WordPress
- Overview and usage of WordPress
- Exploring the benefits of using WordPress for websites and your business
Module 2: Setting Up Your First WordPress Site
- Choosing a domain name and webhosting provider
- Installing WordPress on your hosting account
- Navigating the WordPress Dashboard
Module 3: WordPress Basics and Essentials
- Understanding the structure of WordPress: Posts vs. Pages
- Creating and managing posts and pages
- Working with categories and tags
Module 4: Customizing Your WordPress Site
- Exploring and installing WordPress themes
- Customizing your site's appearance and layout
- Adding widgets and navigation menus
Module 5: Essential Plugins
- Introduction to plugins and their role in WordPress
- Installing and activating plugins
- Recommended plugins for essential features, security, SEO, and performance
Module 6: Media Management
- Uploading and optimizing images, videos, and other media
- Creating and managing image galleries
- Understanding featured images
Module 7: User Management
- Creating and managing user accounts
- Assigning user roles and permissions
- Understanding the importance of strong passwords and basic WordPress security tips and practices
Module 8: Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Basics
- Introduction to SEO and its significance
- Optimizing content for search engines
- Utilizing SEO plugins for better visibility
Module 9: Launching Your Site
- Finalizing and reviewing your website.
- Setting your site live and making it accessible to the public.
- Post-launch tips
Module 10: Q&A and Troubleshooting Session
- Addressing common questions from participants.
- Troubleshooting specific challenges faced by attendees.
This outline provides a foundational understanding of WordPress, guiding beginners through the process of setting up, customizing, and managing a basic website. Each module can be further expanded based on the pace of the training and the specific needs of the participants.